Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The potential for profit is accompanied by the risk of loss.
Founded by Kenneth G. Tropin and commenced trading with $30 million of proprietary capital in GCM’s flagship quantitative program.
GCM began recruiting discretionary portfolio managers in 1998 to diversify the firm’s trading strategies.
Launched Proprietary Matrix, a portfolio which provides broad exposure to GCM’s quantitative and discretionary trading strategies.
Surpassed $1 billion in total assets under management.
GCM's K4D trading strategy posts strong results during the 2001-2002 equity bear market as well as in the 2003 recovery period.
• Brian Douglas joined the firm. Brian is currently Chief Executive Officer and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk, Compliance and Cybersecurity Awareness Committees.
• Relocated the firm’s headquarters from Stamford, Connecticut to its current facility in Rowayton, Connecticut.
• Launched first multi-portfolio manager discretionary fund, now known as the Discretionary Portfolio.
• Surpassed $5 Billion in total assets under management.
Commenced trading the Tactical Trend strategy within GCM's multi-model quantitative strategies prior to launching as a standalone fund in 2013.
• Jennifer Ancker Whelen joined the firm. Jen is currently Chief Client Officer and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, and Risk Committees.
• GCM's Risk Committee, comprised of a cross-section of management expertise across the firm, established daily meetings due to concerns leading up to the Global Financial Crisis. The Risk Committee continues to meet daily to review position-level performance, exposures and related risks within the context of prevailing market conditions.
Despite financial crisis, GCM's strategies generated strong results during this difficult period and the firm continued to provide liquidity to investors.
Pablo Calderini joined the firm. Pablo is currently President and CIO and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment, Risk and Compliance Committees.
Formed Graham Capital LLP, GCM's U.K. based affiliate, which is authorized and regulated by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) as a Registered Investment Advisor.
• Kelly Tropin Whitridge joined the firm. Kelly is currently Chief Economist and a member of the firm's Executive, Investment and Risk Committees.
• Commenced trading the Graham Quant Macro strategy, which is a directional, long and short strategy that utilizes fundamental and price-based indicators to establish return forecasts across global interest rates, foreign exchange, stock indices and commodities.
Surpassed $10 billion in total assets under management.
Created the Employee Advisory Committee to focus on the firm's culture and employee experience, with the objective of recruiting and retaining the most talented professionals in the alternative investment industry.
Created Women's Network of Graham, which seeks to drive members to make meaningful contributions to the firm, industry and community by inspiring the confidence to participate, challenge, and evolve.
• The firm celebrates its 25th anniversary of trading.
• $15B in Firm AUM as of September 2019.
• Please visit our anniversary page where we reflect on GCM's first 25 years.